2020 has been an interesting year so far. Covid-19 in South Africa has been pretty crazy. Surfing banned under lock-down regulations. People being arrested for catching one wave and fined R2500. My brother and I were chased off the beach by a cop at pollock for walking. Other than that, I've been trying to shape as much as possible. Onto version nine for my fishes. Been busy doing a bunch of other stuff on the side as well. Made a website. Click the link above.



  Shaped another fish for my brother.


  Took the plunge and invested in the last Makita planer and charger in the Eastern Cape before the next imports increase. Very stoked so far with Makita. This planer is insane, super accurate, the battery power is pretty good as it starts and stops instantly with the trigger pull. The Japanese really know how to make some good and expensive carpentry tools. I'm broke from this purchase, order a new board! They're nice, I promise.



 Fresh fish for my brother, white on white on white on white, fins, tint, logo and leash plug. 
Probably my favorite colour for a surfboard. Board is a 5'7 x 2.5 x 20.5


 Shaped a new thruster, based on my fish design. 
I incorporated a lot of elements from the fish design into this board. Very similar rocker, rails and some finer details. 




 Shaped the legendary Matt M a board with custom fins by Paul J. On the first surf, the right fin fell out during a bottom turn at the wild side, cause I didn't tighten it enough, rookie error... Luckily got a matching a fin made from the leftover panel. Overall, very stoked with this build.


 Made some long sleeves for winter. Sourced from local manufacturers and screen printers. 


We've had a good run of waves this winter so far. Here's some millers waves. 
Is surfing even legal yet?


Until next time, see you in the water...